Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tornado Watch


While i was waiting at the bus stop today, there was heavy traffic and i saw a bus passing me that said "Not in service" so i ignored it...until i see the bus stop in front of me, and the driver opened the doors, waiving at me frantically...Now let me tell ya, there are some interesting people on my bus...first, the driver is a skinny older african-american guy, and thank goddd he remembered me from the day before and was nice enough to stop and get my attention...otherwise, i would have been late for work. Anyways, i swear my bus is the "special" bus...there is an old guy up front who talks to himself...a big woman who asks EVERYONE, "Hey!!! How ya doin?!" and she talks about "The Lord" and "Jesus" and "Praise God" every second...and another person next to her talking about healthcare to the Jesus lady, but the jesus lady doesnt respond...and a really big guy in front of me with breathing problems..So ya, this is my bus :) lol lol


Work was fun again today. My boss, Clare, took us all to an awesome restaurant in chinatown. mmmm, called The Matchbox, we all ordered salads and shared 2 pizzas. Basically, their pizza's were like a more gourmet and better version of CPK. SOOO AMAZING. On the way back to the office from lunch, it was super hot and we were walking...and im like dying cuz of the humidity.. (UGHHH I miss the dry heat of Cali).




Around 3pm, our office got REALLY dark...and a few minutes later, POW!!! Thunder, Lightning, Wind, Downpour. And the storm began. There was stuff flying all over the sky...people started screaming and running..and the wind was making the rain fall sideways. It was actually really fun to watch from my desk (our office is on the 6th floor). These are a few pictures i took out the window of my office and from the bus:





So ya, the rain finally slowed down and i walked back to my bus stop to go home and meet my room mates. And here is a picture of a woman on my other bus btw:

If you can't see clearly, she is indulged in reading a book called "Candy Licker" and the top says "An Urban Erotic Tale" hahaaha, this just made me laugh and i had to sneak a picture of it.



We had class at 630pm... WELL, the bus was late, the traffic was miserable, and it started raining againnnnn. And im running, so im sweating, and i'm wet from the rain...ughhh gross. Long story short, by the time i got to class, i was drenched..and i sat in the back. and everyone turned around and asked me if i was ok. Some guy was like, "Oh is it raining out there??" NO DUHHHH SHERLOCK. lol..i was SOOO mad.


Lizelle Nicole and I walked to the metro after class..and after getting off at our stop, it was pouring rain again!!! like a waterfall. omggg it was terrible. We couldnt even make it home. We finally had to stop and flag down a taxi. My shoes were filled with water, my pants are totally soaked, and i swear it was as if we went swimming in the streets. I also had my laptop on me so i was more concerned about keeping that dry over myself. But ya, we were all soaked from head to toe...Now, we are on TORNADOWATCH. So we've been home the rest of the night.


Moral of the story: When u are inside and dry, rain and storms are fun to watch. But when you are outside and trying to walk home, rain and storms aren't so fun :/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Game1-- GO LAKERS
2. Question: Does Rihanna own an umbrella?
3. Fact: Rihanna stole Sara's umbrella. That is why Sara got soaked standing in the rain. She wouldn't let her stand under her umbrella.
4. Random: Oprah 1 - Hillary 0 (he's the Obama baby!)
5. You're stories are very normal, but still interesting to read.
6. Fact 2: Sara didn't know you get wet standing in the rain. You're not supposed to stand, you're supposed to SING.
7. Fact 3: Bears eat beets.

K1 out.

Sara said...

1. Kobe Bryant > Boston's Big 3
2. Rihanna designs umbrellas. her line can be found at participating Macy's stores.
3. The rain does not fall straight here. It comes at an angle. So regardless if u have an umbrella or not, you will still get rained on.
4. I am wearing my hillary 08 Tshirt at work today.
5. Thank You.
6. I'm not a singer. I rap. So maybe ill try rapping in the rain.
7. Bears, Beats, Battlestar Galactica.

hahahaha

Anonymous said...

candy licker reminds me of YOU LINT LICKER!!! (the commercial)

Cara said...

I love your stories!!!

So we are having LAKER DAY tomorrow!! We got toms of stuff to give away and a huge Lakers trash can filled with Lakers stuff for the raffle winner. If you apply for a credit card, I will put your name in! Tell your bro to come and get one!! Lakers better win...they are LOSING right now :(

Sara said...

OMG CARA I WANT THE LAKERS STUFF!!!!

i think my brother said he may stop by to see what u all are wearing.

i went to ESPN zone to watch the game last night.. REALLY fun. found some lakers fans to sit with lol.... too bad we lost.. Luke played like crap!!