Monday, June 23, 2008

This Past Weekend

After work on Friday, i packed my stuff and took the metro to Khala Seema's house (my aunt). She's really fun to hang out with and she knows all the best places in the greater DC area lol... I was SOOO excited that she cooked for me!! AFGHAN FOOD. Havent had that in a while...she made me one of my favorites...Sabzee Challow..which is basically white rice with a spinach sauce. It totally hit the spot (MOM, if you read this: I miss ur cooking)


After dinner, khala seema and i went out to DC. She took me to this really great spot called Sequoia. Its right by the water-- the patomic-- and we walked around for the bit. Great night life...lots of young people... After walking around, we went into the Sequoia Restaurant, which is soooo pretty. Really big, very elegant...great atmosphere. We sat by the window, looking out at all the people partying outside, and ordered dessert..Khala Seema is a HUGE dessert fan so she knows the best dessert places. We ordered this yummy strawberry and rhubard tart and a coconut creme brulle. Both were soooo good. I definitely have to go back to this place. Afterwards, we went back to her house...she has 2 empty rooms and an empty bathroom, so her house is really comfortable. It was really nice being away from the dorm for the weekend and getting to stay at a house...


The next day...i had a school thing at like 4:30 in Alexandria, VA. It was at a country club... the place was very nice but i think they forgot to turn the A/C on because we were all dying of heat. The event was pointless...it was just a kind of "meet and greet" event... where we can mingle and network...i left early b/c i had to go home and get ready for a party i was invited to..


So khala seema came and picked me up, and we both went back to her house to get ready. The party was to celebrate Mateen Etemadi and Belquis' graduation party. All ages...and by all ages, i mean 2-98. Seriously. They invited hella old people lol.. but regardless, the party was fun. i love getting dressed up...and there was a lot of people there that i havnet seen in a long time. It was really funny b/c a lot of people recognized me, NOT because they knew me...but b/c they thought i looked like my mom and made the connection. A lot of people kept coming up to me and saying THANK GOD YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR MOM!!! (hahahaha sorry dad) So ya, long story short, the party was cool. i had a good time..and it was nice seeing family.

The next day, Lamia and her daughters (Ariyanna & Ellie) came over to Khala Seema's for brunch..She made us a lot of different food..Lamia's daughter's are really funny. The younger one, Ellie, looks exactly like her. Khala Seema calls her, "Madar-eh Jawroo," which translates to Mother of a Broomstick...b/c her hair is always a mess and in her face lol.. i took some pix of them. We just hung out all day at khala seema's, talking, eating, gossiping. Lamia and i never run out of things to talk about.







After they left, Khala Seema drove to this local pizza shop that mariam is always raving about. She ordered a philly cheesesteak sandwich for me to take home. WOW its seriously the best cheese steak everrrr. She dropped me off outside my dorm.. i love hanging out with her; we have a lot of fun and we just enjoy eachother's company...I came home, ate my sandwich...watched some tv...ughh and then i got homesick. Every time i'm alone in my dorm, i start thinking about my family and about what they're doing...and it gets me depressed. Therefore, i should not be left alone. Ever.

k??

lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg her kids look so different. Especially the older one. haha sabsee challow, mom just made that and i didnt eat it bc i pullled the "Im not Hungry" (bc i went to Mcdonalds before..) {i hope dads not reading this} lol

Unknown said...

"Bad-padare har du-ie tan nalat", Sara for her comment not looking any thing like me and for Zayd not eating at home. "Du-ta batcha-ye sag" . . lol

I love you all to death