Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Monuments

So i know its been a while since i last wrote on my blog...but i swear ive been SOOO busy! this is the first opportunity i've had to sit down and type. So let me think back to the last post i had... the Hillary one...Since then, ive gone to a few cool places to eat..and ive been watching the lakers games :( Boooooo, im so embarassed after tonights game..

WELL, let me start with the weather. I really dont get it..its either TOO hot, to the point that u sweat when u step outside...Or POURING rain, to the point u cant go anywhere. And the thunder and lightning is just Crazzzy. I mean, a few nights ago, me lizelle and another girl were on our way to a cool bar to watch the lakers game...but the sky's got dark and the thunder roaring SCARED the crap out of us...so we ended up at some other little food place, looking out the window, waiting for the rain to storm to stop. i SWEAR we saw lighting hit the ground!! i mean, the rain and the storms here are something i have never seen before in my life...here's a pic from my office window:






And another from the restaurant:


Anyways, my new favorite sports place is ESPN Zone in downtown DC. Love it...3 levels, has a game room at the bottom..pretty fun. But it was rented out by someone last week...so soraya and my dad's cousin, omar, and i decided to go to Champps to watch the game instead... but before, they took me to see a few places in DC. I absolutely LOVED the FRD monument. it was sooo pretty. It has a bunch of little waterfalls and famous quotes by FDR written on the walls. We had a good time playing in one of the water ponds lol...


















We also went to see Abraham Lincoln's memorial and the Korean War memorial...its funny b/c i remember going to some of these places when i was like 12 years old during a family trip to DC. Being at the Lincoln memorial totally reminded me of the seen in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" when he goes to the Abe memorial in the middle of one night just to think and seek an answer to a problem... (btw, here's some pop trivia for u: for those of u who don't catch on quickly, i stole the name of my blog from that movie title lol) Here are a few more pix from the places we went... please note that there are NO pictures of me after leaving Champps that night due to the Lakers HUGE loss...up by 24, and they couldnt hold on ughhh..and i felt sooo stupid b/c i was making fun of celtics fans all night...let me tell ya, i was looking at my feet when i walked out of that restaurant in my kobe jersey that night.












So i got to see some interesting stuff :) This city is FULL of history and cool sites. Definitely better than STUPID Gettysburg, Pennsylvania!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

boring.... can you take a picture doing the waassupp dance somewhere? like in front of ABE, that would be cool. and its about time you post a blog...

Sara said...

hahahaha, ummm ill work on that...

but the FBI or CIA might think its like some Taleban/Terrorist Dance and go after me. So that might not be such a brilliant plan

Anonymous said...

brown? im assuming thats zayd also...but when did brown become a nickname...