Monday, July 14, 2008

Introducing... JONES!!

Ok...so its definitely been a while... but honestly, i have nottt had ANY time to blog in the past 2 1/2 weeks. I really havent even been home at my dorm...but let me go back to where we last were....NY...ummm, after coming back from NY, Mailan and i went to a Tiesto Concert at a club called Ibiza. To be honest, i wasnt even too familiar with the guy...but i just went for fun :)


Hmmm, what else happened...I went to dinner one night with Mailan and her uncle, KaKa Hamid. Here's a lovely picture of mailan...and if u look closely, u can see where she burnt her forehead with the curling iron (i promised to post a pic of the damage, and i keep my promises









Ohhhh, and earlier that day, my boss decided we needed a "spa" day...so we went to this gorgeous hotel to lay out and swim all day :) Yayyy, i love my job





Btw, i saw this lady reading on the metro. and out of curiousity, i looked at her book:






hahaha poor woman...no one likes her..



Well, thursday rolls around...and mailan and my cousin lina call me to get ready and pack my things...b/c i was supposed to stay at Lina's and my grandma's house that weekend for the tournament.. so i get to my dorm...and mailan and lina also walk in...and they're helping me pack... and lina's all like, "So yaa i invited a bunch of the guys over... i told zayd, mass, dawoud..."



and im like, Zayd??



And she quickly replies, "OH YA, Zaid BAHA. he's here....for the tourney...i invited him.."



(Zaid baha is one of our friends from Cali)



And im just thining, wtf...she barely knows this dude...but whatever



So i finsh packing...and i grab a big trash bag and fill it with dirty clothes so i can do laundry when i go to my grandmas... and we walk outside...and soraya, my aunt, is sitting on the stairs...she quickly gets up and greets us and is super (and unusally) cheery... she says that she needs to get something to drink...and im like, "ok well can i at least put my stuff away in ur car first?? i dont want to go in a store with my dirty clothes"... but soraya insists that we take the bag with us


She grabs the bag, throws it over her shoulder and ushers me away from her car... this is when i knew somethign was up...she was asking me about my week...my job...and i was pissed. They were hiding something from me....but i didnt know what...everyone was acting weird. And i could tell there was something they didnt want to show me..



So then my other aunt, Amma Parnyan, shows up out of nowhere..and they all say SURPRISE! and tried to explain how my aunt wanted to surprise me at my dorm... Now i was REALLY pissed off...my family is soooo weird.. and i really thought that something bad happened. and everyone was too afraid to tell me... so we walk towards the car...and my aunt is telling me how she parked in the ally..and im like, "ufff what ally??"



And as i turn my head to the right, ZAYD YUNUS pops out of the ally to my left!!! OMG, seriously... i was in shock!! i had no idea he was coming! I had tried to convince him a bunch of times to come visit, but he said that he couldnt b/c of summer school and work. I literally cried when i saw him. i was soooo happy :) I guess EVERYONE knew he was coming.. EXCEPT for me. Seriously, im very impressed that no one spilled... zayd coming to DC was one of the bestttt surprises ever!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww... Honestly, I miss you. I miss you more after I saw you. LOL this sounds like a love note. Anywho, you will be back soon...and we will plan our next trip (wherever that may be) the surprise was great, despite the fact that it almost got ruined twice. I am utterly shocked as to why you did not figure it out after my uncle said, YOUR brother zayd is sleeping at his house...then you said NO? and I said Zaid baha is sleeping at his house. Thank God he didn't keep insisting that it was your brother. Later on, i told him he almost ruined the surprise and he goes... MA CHEEE MIFAWMOM QUE NAGOFTAIN AISH...he felt so bad, it was cute. I really like that pic of him. Aww :) I like when you post blogs...You write like you talk...and you talk a lot...(kinda like when u call me...and i stop listening and go uh huh, uh huh, and then u say, ur not listening anymore) it's like that...but i actually read it.

xoxo ;)

Unknown said...

Sara, you need to reqlize that your time at DC at thatoffice is NOT a true work environment. True work life is nothing cloe to what you are seeing there. They are treating you to all these godies, sp, restaurnt, speach appearances because they are NOt paying you. Capishi? ?